Trauma Informed Care: Workshop for the youth AOD sector
Sep 25, 2020
The "Trauma Informed Care for AOD Practice" workshop was designed in 2019 through a Dovetail / Insight collaboration and has been a popular item on the Insight training calendar ever since. Due to COVID-19 disruptions to the usual delivery of Dovetail’s Young People and Drugs (YPAD) training, we've decided to run an extra session of "Trauma Informed Care for AOD Practice" workshop specifically for the youth sector.
The workshop will be run by Dovetail’s Jade and Bec and will cover the same content as the regular "Trauma Informed Care for AOD Practice" workshop, just with a slightly stronger youth focus. People who have previously completed the regular "Trauma Informed Care for AOD Practice" workshops (either face to face or online via Zoom) will have already covered this content - so need not register for this workshop.
The workshop is suited to youth workers who already have some foundational knowledge in AOD practice, and who wish to develop their understanding and application of trauma informed care.
The workshop will cover:
- Trauma - prevalence, definitions, signs and symptoms
- Neuroscience of trauma
- Trauma Informed Care (TIC) and links to substance use/treatment
- Responding to client needs and building a tool kit
- Self-care and healing
This will be a blended learning program consisting of three parts:
- Online e-Learning module (prerequisite to be completed prior to workshops - takes approximately 1 hour to complete)
- Online Zoom workshop part 1 - Wednesday 7th October 1:30pm to 4pm
- Online Zoom workshop part 2 - Wednesday 14th October 1:30pm to 4pm
As spaces to the workshops are limited and completion of the 3 parts is required to complete this training, please review the workshop dates and ensure you can attend both sessions before registering.