The vaping toolbox has been created by Dovetail to support workers in responding to young people who vape.
Vaping is a complex topic. There remains debate within the public health community around how to minimise the risks of vaping balanced against the potential for vaping to reduce harm for current tobacco smokers. This is our position.
- Vaping is not for young people who are non-smokers
- Evidence-informed prevention work is important
- Poorly designed responses can increase harm
- The best thing for health is to be smoke and vape free
- Vaping is not harmless but current evidence suggests it is likely less harmful than smoking
- Evidence suggests vaping can help some people quit smoking